Since 1997 David Cox has helped people feel amazing, relaxed and pain free. David’s personal mission is to empower his clients to take control of their lives by managing everyday stress as well as pain from disease or temporary disorders.
David has certifications and expertise in:
- Medical Massage Therapy (1999)
- Pregnancy Massage (1999, 2001)
- Myofascial Release (2001, 2005, 2007)
- Lastone Therapy (1999, 2000)
- Reflexology (1997, 2006, 2008)
- NeuroMuscular Therapy, American Version (2004, 2005, 2006)
- Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques (2009)
- Massage for Cancer (2003, 2006)
- Ayurvedic Body Care Professionals (2000, 2002)
- Indian Champissage (Head and Scalp Treatment) (2004)
- Reiki Master (2003, 2004, 2010)
- Rossiter System (2006)
In addition to seeing clients, David is a continuing education teacher for massage therapists and has taught at the Baltimore School of Massage. David regularly leads courses in Myofascial Massage, Reflexology, Pregnancy Massage, Stone Massage and Facilitated Stretching.
David is a member of MERT (Massage Emergency Response Team), after 9/11/2001, he was part of the massage crew that supported Maryland and Tennessee Fire and Rescue Teams at the Pentagon.
David was appointed by Governor O’Malley to The Maryland Board of Chiropractic and Massage Therapy Examiners in April 2011.
On a personal note, David is a native of the Washington area with the exception of his time at the University of Arizona where he earned a degree in Anthropology & History. David continues to enjoy the study of anthropology and frequently travels internationally with his wife, Karen, a licensed esthetician who owns Face by KC also in Rockville. In addition to traveling, you may find David on the golf course or studying bodywork from around the world.
Whether you are looking for a massage for pain relief, mental relaxation or recovery from physical injuries, David can help. Medical conditions are welcome, simply let him know.